I inspect buildings. I started doing building inspections in 1979 and the inspection business has been my only business since 1987. To date, I have inspected over 8000 buildings in the Chicago Metro area.
I started this business with the idea that if I did excellent building inspections, satisfied customers would spread the word. This naive idea has resulted in over 20 years of satisfied clients. I provide advice as if I was the one considering the building for purchase. This business requires personal involvement. That’s what I provide on every inspection.
Kurt Mitenbuler and Associates., Inc. is a home and building inspection services company providing home inspections, large building and commercial inspections, condominium building and association consulting, and a wide range of other consulting services for building and homeowners.
I am an independent company in one business only– inspecting buildings and providing appropriate research and reportage to provide the client with the information they require. We do not perform any repair services, nor do we perform any construction work on buildings that we inspect.
The single best credential for this job is the 20+ years that I have spent actively performing home inspections. Several thousand satisfied customers speaks for itself.
- Illinois License #000220
- Building and Remodeling Contractor for over 25 years
- Past HUD Inspector as Rehabilitation Specialist in the Community Development Block Grant Program
- Past Municipal Building Inspector
- Featured on ABC Channel 7 investigation of water leakage issues with split face block
- Featured in the Chicago Tribune on multiple occasions regarding moisture and water intrusion problems in new construction.
- Quoted in the NYTimes and Wall St. Journal on building related topics
- Profiled in the Sun Times in the article about Home Inspection
- Served as Moderator for the American Society of Home Inspectors Technical Forum
- Moderator for The Inspectors Journal, a nationally recognized Internet building inspection forum
- Member of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) since 1989
- Member of the NHIE Resource Review Advisory Group; as a member, I review texts and resource material used as a reference for the National Home Inspection Exam
- Charter Member of The Historic Building Inspectors Association, a national professional association of inspectors specializing in historic buildings
- Michigan State University major in Industrial Arts